Sunday, February 21, 2010

Elder Care

Mother is in Florida.

She has been there for a week, and will be gone another 4 days.

Mother has gone to take care of her father. Grandfather had what humans call knee replacement surgery. Cats do not have knees, although we do have something like that on our back feet. Mother has been communicating through Father who has told me that Grandfather has not been having a very good time. Grandfather ended up in what humans call ICU, twice. It was very scary. On the home planet we call it "the area of high observation". Although here in earth, when we cats go into "an area of high observation" it usually means being put in a cage.

Grandfather feels as if he is in a cage. He has been in the hospital for 17 days now. Currently he is very antsy (I feel this way now too, Mother has been gone way too long, and I want her home). Grandfather is younger than Grandma Tara, but still at an age when humans need special care. Mother is a very caring person and has been there for all of us, and is very loving. Grandma Tara has lived so long because Mother has taken very good care of her.

She is taking very good care of her father. She loves her father very much and is afraid to be without him. I wish I were there so I could let Mother hold me as she does when my eyes bug out. I know she loves me very much when she does that.

It is very interesting how the humans during life end up in a role reversal situation where the children take care of the parents. As we on the home planet move on with our parents blessings, we often do not take care of our elders, since most of us are very healthy and have 9 lives.

Mother does not want to be alone. Grandfather will work very hard to get better, he has a long haul. but will eventually be okay. Mother loves her father, and is very grateful that when he needed it, the angels came and brought him back. Medical care personnel are angels.

I love Mother.

No comments: